For the last 6 years I’ve enjoyed wearing two hats at Glamour Travel Photos; I serve as lead wardrobe stylist for all on location photo shoots, as well as the travel coordinator for our trips.
On set wardrobe styling requires a passion for the industry. It requires a great sense of style, the ability to dress different body types, choose the right colors, artistic knowledge, design knowledge, and cultural sensitivity. My photo shoot needs often call for the following:
- Providing fashion advice
- Choosing and coordinating outs, props, and accessories
- Managing all wardrobes
- Returning and dressing all modes
- Preparing modes for the production set
- Coordinating with the makeup artist and hair stylist to ensure their vision is in step with the vision of the photographer
Being a travel planner requires an entirely different set of skills than that of a wardrobe stylist. Fortunately, my extensive travel experience is an asset I make the most of. I’ve visited 33 countries and counting. And I’m fluent in both English and Spanish which together makes me a valuable translator in 67 English speaking countries, and 33 Spanish.
As a travel coordinator my responsibilities include:
- Airline reservations the photographer, myself, and of course models
- All lodging considerations
- Local transportation and logistics
- Procuring local make up artists and hair stylists
Both tasks keep me very busy at Glamour Travel Photos, but fortunately it’s with two of my favorite interests.