Throughout my nearly 30 year career as a travel photographer I’ve developed sensitivity for capturing the essence of beauty. But I’ve also gained enormous insight into the the art of travel from adventuring through 50 states, 25 countries, and 4 continents.
I’ve learned a lot along the way, and from this I have a great deal of wisdom and knowledge to share with my clients. This knowledge is particularly showcased through my special interest of on-location photography. The following are some of the important benefits and considerations I bring to every photographic project:
- Extensive research into the locale of the photo session. Including but not limited to climate and astronomical conditions, local norms & customs, and talent acquisition.
- Understanding of travel logistics for minimizing the complexity of clearing customs & immigration, choosing efficient modes of transportation, and hiring any necessary guides or assistants.
- Expansive expertise of artificial and natural lighting to create the imagery exactly as conceived.
- Clear and concise communication to keep myself, the art director, and the talent all on the same page to achieve the same goal.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom gleaned from nearly 20 years of post-production photo retouching experience.
To gain an appreciation for my work you can find a overview on my Images page, or view any of the following sub-galleries: Japan, Santorini, Iceland, Caribbean Paradise, American Beauty, and Urban Jungle.